Healthy Pumpkin Chip Muffins recipe
I just love fall… the crisp air, the colorful leaves, the smell of fire pits burning in the evening, and all things pumpkin! Yummm… pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin pie, and now pumpkin muffins!
While we are away frolicking at the pumpkin patch, I thought I’d leave you with an “oh so yummmmmmmmmmmmy” recipe I found on Where is the Me in Mommy yesterday.
- 1 egg
- ½ c. honey (I used Agave syrup)
- ½ c. pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- ½ c. milk (any percent but skim is best)(I used almond milk)
- ¼ c. natural, unsweetened applesauce (or oil)
- 1½ c. whole wheat flour (use white if you must)
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- Stir together first five, wet ingredients. Add in next five dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Put in greased muffin tins. Bake 375 for 18 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular sized muffins OR 36 mini-muffins.
- FYI--You can fill the tins pretty full since these do not rise much.