Crayola Christmas Craft | Personalized Christmas Ornaments

by Missy on December 15, 2013 · 17 comments

Crayola Christmas Craft

The Crayola product, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by Crayola.

Christmas brings such great memories for me of making holiday crafts with my family when I was a kid. I remember making ornaments and my parents proudly displaying them on the tree every year – even the ugly ones! This year, Crayola sent us a gift pack so that I could make some fun memories with my own family. The box included:

• Twistables Slick Stix Crayons
  • Model Magic Air-dry Clay
  • Colored Pencils
  • Washable Markers
  • Washable Glitter Glue
  • $25 gift card to Walmart

After purchasing a few more supplies with the gift card, we were all set to get started!

We bought some color tinted ornament bulbs and decided they needed some sprucing up. My son, Micah, took a Crayola Slick Stix crayon and made a snow scene on his bulb. Then he added some white sequins to the inside of his ornament and he was done! This was a great project for someone like Micah who likes to get things done quickly!

Michaela went a slightly different route. With her bulb, she decided to simply put feathers inside her green tinted ornament. Then she added her initial “M” with glitter glue to the outside.

Mikenah wanted to make her red bulb turn into Rudolph. We traced her hands on brown construction paper for the antlers, then glued them onto the ornament. Next we glued wiggly eyes onto the top. Mikenah wanted to jazz up the antlers a little bit, so she added some glitter glue. (*Side note: It would have been much easier to add the glitter glue BEFORE attaching the antlers to the bulb!) We painted a black smile onto the bottom and let everything dry.

Finally, we added some tiny jingle bells to the inside of the ornament & it was done! Here is Mikenah being…well…Mikenah. J

Thanks to Crayola for providing the supplies used in these projects. We had a lot of fun!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.

CommentLuv badge

(Spamcheck Enabled)

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Stephen December 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I really like the mufti-colored ornament! Thanks for the good photos!

2 Eileen Richter December 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Oh my gosh they really did turn out nice. I like that our kids used to get anew ornament and make a new one each year, so then when they are ready to go it alone, they each have a good start to some for their own tree. Now they are teens and dont want to do much for crafts. but grandkids shur will. Love the feather one. How simple and so fancy!

3 Christina Strapp December 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I like this! I like how they can be personalized. Will have to try this.

4 Paula V December 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I so love the middle one with the yellow/orange swirls/blown glass look. Too cool.

5 Kamla L. December 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

This is a great idea for having some holiday fun with the kids. Your kids are very creative. Their ornaments look wonderful. I’m sure you’l treasure them forever.

6 krista grandstaff December 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I really like having a family ornament each year – my 4 are 13-22 now so they compete to have the prettiest, most creative, etc – I miss the days when they were small and just wanted to have the most colorful, the fuzziest, the funniest :) ( but I’m still glad we do this every year, some day – they will have complete sets of ornaments for their own trees!)

7 ellen beck December 17, 2013 at 3:15 AM

So very cute and those are keepers! I love the way they turned out and how they look. Keep them for the kids they will treasure them into adulthood!

8 Carole ingram December 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I love the feathers idea! It actually kind of looks like paint …. I need to do this next year with my kids, homemade ornaments are just so much more special then store bought.

9 Tanya Holland December 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Diy ornaments are the best . My girls love doing this. Every year they make different ones for their grandparents.

10 Michelle F. December 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM

wow they did a great job on the ornaments.

11 Kevin December 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I like to old “take crayon shavings and put them onto wax paper, fold the paper in half and iron” craft project,…

You never know how it might turn out.

12 Richard Hicks December 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM

THe ornaments look great! Good way to get the kids to really have personal ornaments and be proud of them

13 Sandra VanHoey December 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM

They all turned out so cute. Love that oranment with the feathers. Now that’s a different one. I know the kids here are always wanting to do crafts to keep them busy and of course, crayola we always have many of their products. Kids color daily here as well

14 RANDY FULGHAM December 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM

CUTE KIDS AND CUTE ORNAMENTS!!

15 Paula Weintraut December 20, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I love these How Cute and Beautiful on the Tree

16 judy gardner December 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

these are such clever ideas – i especially like the ornament with the feathers! and what a great crayola haul!

17 Rosie December 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM

These ornaments came out sooo cute – if I was a kid and made these, I’d be so proud, too! It looks like a lot of fun, and not too expensive. Nice!

Previous post: