LG Electronics LuV250C Lightweight Kompressor® Vacuum
When you have a house full of kids mixed with a few furry animals… you need a good vacuum on hand to help you keep the floor free of debris. LG was kind enough to send us the Kompressor Compact Petcare vacuum. They felt it was up to the challenge of a house of six and two big fur babies.
Sleek, Compact and Convenient Design
- At just 16.5 pounds, the LuV250C is the lightest vacuum in LG’s vacuum family with all the power of the full-size vacuum.
- The LuV250C also features an extra-long 30-foot cord, making it easier to clean a larger area in less time without having to switch outlets multiple times to reach the entire space.
- The adjustable telescopic handle collapses for more compact storage and the lighter weight makes it easier to maneuver around your home.
- Available in an attractive Cinnamon finish, the LuV250C features a stylish design that makes it a great fit anywhere in the home.
- The LuV250C’s Kompressor® Technology utilizes the world’s first motorized compression system to condense the dust intake to hold three times more household dust than non-compressor models.
- The Kompressor® system uses a unique wiper blade within the bag-less bin to keep it clean while compressing dust intake.
- This allows you to store up to 3 times more dirt, dust and pet hair vs. non-compressor models and means there’s an easy-to-dispose-of cake of dust when you empty it.
- DualForce™ Suction Technology adds two additional air pathways to pick up from both sides of the vacuum head in addition to the traditional center section.
- This allows you to capture dust and debris over a wide surface area, and is ideal for picking up dust in hard-to-reach edges.
Pet & Allergy Friendly
- The Pet Hair Turbine tool uses an air turbine powered brush to remove pet hair embedded in furniture and carpets.
- Its True HEPA filtration system help capture dust mites, pollens and other common household allergens to deliver a higher degree of freshness in the home.
The LG Kompressor Petcare Vacuum arrived in record time. When I unpacked it I was pleasantly surprised to find that is was almost completely assembled for me! I have had to assemble a few vacuums in my time… most times when you purchase a new vacuum it’s because your old one broke and you need to vacuum the floor. It was refreshing to pop a couple of pieces together and get to work!
One of the first things I noticed before even turning it on was the nice long cord. I usually have to add an extension cord to most vacuums to get to the areas I need (want) to get done with a single plug in. The Kompressor comes with an ample 30-foot cord (fabulous!). It also came with one on board attachment (a wand with a brush extension on it) and the spinning brush attachment (it does not house on the unit). It also came with an extra filter.
I love the bagless feature. For years I have always had to guess if the bag was full based on the suction/performance of the vacuum. When I went to check, the bag was usually full past the maximum line. Now I can easily dump the chamber after each use and have a vacuum with full suction working at it’s maximum performance.
So for our first test, we vacuumed the area rug in our lower living room. It wasn’t very dirty looking… maybe a couple of cat hair clumps. We were eager to see how full the chamber would be.
This is a photo of the rug we vacuumed. We only did a single pass.
To our horror surprise we had this result. One pass on the seemly mostly clean rug pictured above produced this.
We had the same type of results on the area rug in the front living room and an even bigger result from the hallway and five bedrooms! The chamber was almost packed full! We were impressed.
One feature I love about this particular vacuum is that you can turn the beater bar off and adjust the height. This is great for hard wood floors. We put it on the lowest setting and turned the bar off and went to work on the kitchen and living rooms. Dust and small particles had met their match. We did have difficulty with popcorn seeds both on the hard wood and on the carpets though. I’m not sure if we had the setting too low but the vacuum seemed to just push the seed across the floor instead of picking it up. Occasionally I turned the beater bar on while doing the hard floors to create a little more suction and once the larger item was sucked up I’d turn it back off.
The wand and attachments are something I use every time I vacuum. I like to pull the wand off, grab what I needed and put it back (quickly). I use the wand for the wood stairs and in the cracks under the cabinets in the kitchen as well as on the ceiling fan blades and cobwebs in the ceiling corners. I also use the wand with the spinning brush attachment on the carpeted staircase. I don’t have any outstanding issues to mention, but I did wish for a few more attachments. Our old vacuum had a wide attachment with grooves in it to help comb the carpet or the back of the couch (to get the cat hair off) while I vacuumed. I also noticed that the suction is such that I have to turn the vacuum off to pull the wand out, then turn it back on. It feels almost stuck when trying to detach it while the vacuum is on. The length of the hose is fantastic. I could leave the base of the vacuum at the bottom of the stairs and do the entire staircase with only the wand and not knock over the unit (can you tell I’ve knocked over a few in my lifetime? ).
Did I mention the handle on this is adjustable? Short is fantastic for storage in my hall closet (under the coats) and for my toddlers to “help” vacuum… full height is perfect for myself and my husband (he’s 6’). This vacuum performs very well and surprises me every time I go to empty the canister. The small inconveniences like having to stop and get the spinning brush attachment (why isn’t it stored on board?), having to turn it off to get the hose/wand out or popcorn seeds not picking up first pass are minimal issues. The performance makes it all worth it.
You can purchase the LG Electronics LuV250C Lightweight Kompressor® Vacuum for $213.90 at Amazon.com (RV $269.00)
ONE lucky OurKidsMom reader is going to win an LG Electronics LuV250C Lightweight Kompressor® Vacuum !
This campaign is being cross promoted through Shout! Media.
Check out these other great reviews to hear their thoughts about the LG Kompressor Petcare Vacuum!
Simply follow the directions in the widget below. It’s that simple.
COMMENTS DO NOT COUNT AS ENTRIES…
but they are still very much appreciated and adored :O)
You do not have to be a blogger to enter/win. An email address is required to enter. The winner will be chosen randomly through Rafflecopter and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. One person entering per household please. U.S. only.
This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on October 24, 2011.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.