Heather’s Quick and Easy No Yeast Pizza Crust Recipe

by Heather Smith on February 20, 2011 · 7 comments

I have been making this crust since I was around 13 and I’m not quite sure where the recipe came from (probably Betty Crocker). My grandma used to have me make several when I was visiting and she would freeze them for later. It is not an airy crust, but it does rise a little and the kids seem to love it.

I am posting the recipe as written. We have altered it on occasion and changed the white to wheat flour and we always use almond milk now. It still tastes good and there is never any waiting for the crust to rise! It’s so easy my 13 year old makes it when he’s craving pizza. The photo is from his black olive cheddar pizza last night!IMG_2313

Heather’s Quick & Easy Pizza Crust

• 3 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup oil

Put the above ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined (if you have a Kitchen Aid the dough hook attachment works well). When thoroughly mixed put it on the counter (we don’t need flour but if you feel the need use a small amount) and kneed it a few times to get it into somewhat of a ball. Roll out on the counter and place on a greased (I use Pam) pan.

Some things I’ve learned over the years…

• The more you work with the dough the tougher the finished product is.
  • We stopped buying prepared sauce. I use 1 can tomato sauce spread over the dough and then sprinkled with garlic salt, Italian seasonings and minced onion.
  • This dough works great for individual pizzas as well as “pizza pockets”.

Top with sauce and your favorite topping and cook at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes (mine is usually ready at 20).

Enjoy!

CommentLuv badge

(Spamcheck Enabled)

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Melissa February 20, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Yum! Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

2 Sassy February 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Thank you so much for sharing. I will definitely be trying this out~!!! :)

3 Thomas Murphy September 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I can’t wait to try this, thanks for the recipe.

4 Diane K. Brimmer April 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I have tried this recipe for the No yeast Pizza Crust and it is wonderful. Thank you so much for posting this. Only problem is I have to make it several times a week when the granddaughters come over. Big hit!

5 vickie couturier April 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM

thanks for sharing this,im going to make pizzas with the grandkids this weekend so im going to try this

6 Emma September 17, 2013 at 3:52 AM

I tried this recipe yesterday and it was a resounding success. Both my kids and my husband said the pizzas I made were delicious. Just wanted to say thank you! The only differences I did was I added the herbs (garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme) to the dry ingredients before making the dough which gave the pizza base a lot more flavour. Massive thumbs up!

7 Nicole December 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM

The texture of this crust is wonderful. However, I will add the crust does rise. I did not roll my crust out enough and ended up with a very thick biscuit like crust. A thick crust would be ok except for the fact that it has absolutely no flavor. I did add some basil and garlic pepper but it still wasn’t enough. So don’t be afraid to add more flavor, it definitely needs it. Otherwise I think it is a great base. Definitely going to make it again with a few additions. Thanks for sharing.

Previous post: