Here’s what we consider most important, aside from making our shipping deadlines every day.
Driving with Passion
Pleasing the Eye and the Palate
Using All-natural Ingredients
Caring for the Environment
Supporting the Community
Enjoying our Work
MY TAKE: I was contacted by Dancing Deer to review their new gourmet sandwich cookies. Even though I am on Nutrisystem, I figured “heck, it’s Christmas”… so I said yes.
Take a look at the description from the website (and see why I said YES!):
Gourmet Sandwich Cookies Gift Collection – New for the 2010 holiday season Dancing Deer Baking Co. offers the gift of all natural gourmet sandwich cookies. The cookies come in two new flavors, Boston Cream Pie and Chocolate Peppermint. Both feature a layer of gourmet chocolate ganache- spread between two chewy vanilla cookies in Boston Cream Pie and between two chocolate peppermint cookies in Chocolate Peppermint. Arriving in a keepsake wooden gift box, this Gourmet Sandwich Cookie Gift Collection contains 12 individually wrapped cookies, 6 of each flavor. This is the perfect gift for your boss, clients, family or holiday hostess.
The cookies arrived in an adorable shaker box hand tied with a nice (keepable) ribbon. Upon opening the box we found them nicely wrapped in tissue and crinkles (ugh! What ARE those things called? lol) with each individual cookie wrapped for freshness. The presentation was very nice and if this had arrived as a gift from someone I would have thought it was very thoughtful!
So, as I wipe the drool off their chins and tell them mommy is done taking pictures my kids fought to be first in line to try these yummy soft cookies. I allowed them sample both as I nibbled on the edge of each flavor just for a taste. The Boston Creme Pie cookies were good, but thankfully did not trigger my over indulgence instinct. The mint cookies, on the other hand, I had to hold myself back. These were incredible and my family agreed. The cookies were soft (kind of like stuffed Oreos) and the filling not too thick or thin. We kept them in the refrigerator as they came cooled and liked them that way.
My overall thoughts… the packaging was cute (and re-usable.. yeah!) , the inside packaging was done with care and the cookies themselves were fantastic. These are a great gift to send when you can’t be there or are just thinking of someone.
BUY IT: You can purchase a box of Gourmet Sandwich Cookies for $29.95.
WIN IT: One OurKidsMom reader is going to win a box of Gourmet Sandwich Cookies!
HERE’S HOW TO WIN!… (Please remember you must have your email in your entry or viewable in your profile in order to win)
- 1 entry- This entry is MANDATORY. If not completed all other entries will be DELETED!
* “Like” Dancing Deer on Facebook (I’m sure they’d enjoy some comment love if you have a second!).
BONUS Entries! You may do any or all of these in any order after the mandatory entry above has been completed. If you have already completed these actions let me know you did! Remember, you can’t win if you don’t enter!
- 1 entry- “Like” OurKidsMom on Facebook
- 1 entry- Follow OurKidsMom via Google Friend Connect (found on the right sidebar under “Followers”).
- 1 entry- Follow OurKidsMom on Networked Blogs (right sidebar)
- 2 entries- Subscribe to OurKidsMom by Email
- 2 entries- Subscribe to OurKidsMom by RSS Feed
- 1 daily entry- Follow @ourkidsmom and @DancingDeer on Twitter and tweet the following (up to 1x per day) leaving a direct link in your comment:
#Win a Box of Gourmet Sandwich Cookies from @DancingDeer @ourkidsmom ends 12/9 http://tinyurl.com/337zf6f
- 1 entry per giveaway entered- Enter any of my current giveaways and leave a comment here
- 2 entries- Grab my button and leave the direct link to where I can find it
- 2 entries- Add my link to your blog roll and let me know where to find it
- 3 entries- Blog about this giveaway with a direct link here. Come back and leave a direct link to your post so I can see it
- 1 entry each- Share this on Facebook, Digg, Stumble, Google Buzz, etc (you can find more by clicking the orange share button)
Due to a change in Top Mommy Blog rules, I can no longer give entries for voting. If you enjoy my blog and my giveaways I would love it if you would take a second to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs. Two clicks and you’re done (pretty please?)! You can click here or on the brown button on the right sidebar.
You do not have to be a blogger to enter/win. An email address is required to enter. Please leave it in your comment or make sure one is visible for me to find in your Google profile. The winner will be chosen via random.org and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on December 9, 2010 and is open to residents of the US.
This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. I received product for review purposes only. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information please read my disclosure policy.