|Crane was founded on the belief that design is an attitude and the home is a personal expression of an individual’s lifestyle.
Our products are functional, efficient and communicate an appreciation for good design.
Crane’s unique sense of design, an unwavering commitment to quality, and always remaining a step ahead of the crowd, allows us to continue to create our own distinctive interpretation of small home appliance design.
Every year around this time my husband and I break out the humidifier in our bedroom. It’s an almost instant reaction to having the furnace kick on at our house. We start waking up with dry noses and sore throats. Up until now, we didn’t have a humidifier for the kids rooms. Mainly, because they didn’t complain. Little did we know that even if they aren’t complaining the cool mist humidifier can still benefit them in other ways.
The Crane humidifier is designed to use cool mist to improve your child’s health by improving air quality, increasing moisture in the air and reducing the levels of dust and bacteria in the air. The frog Crane humidifier features a child friendly design, variable humidity control, and whisper quiet operation thanks to its rapid vibration humidifier construction. The unit features an easily removable 1 gallon tank for up to 11 hours running time with a total output of 2.1 gallons of moisture per day.
Some other features/benefits of using a humidifier:
- Humidifiers reduce the possibility of winter infection by keeping the mucous membranes moist and allowing the tiny hairs in the nose and throat to work to expel any particles that were suspended in the air.
- Dry aching sinuses receive a great deal of relief from a humidified bedroom.
- Cold symptoms are greatly relieved by using a humidifier in your bedroom at night.
- Dry, itchy skin is prevented, chapped lips and bloody noses are relieved with humidifiers
- Unpleasant static electricity shocks are reduced by humidifiers
- Valuable wood furniture and floors, musical instruments are protected from cracking and warping.
Pediatricians like Crane humidifiers because:
- The Humidifier does not require a filter.
- The tank is small with a automatic shut off. Encouraging parents to change water every two days (daily is best).
- Cool mist rather than warm mist to prevent possible scalding
- Easy to clean, recommend white vinegar (2 t to ¼ cup) and water solution to disinfect water basin and water tank.
- Whisper Quiet
- Price is affordable.
So, now I’m sold…. and I need another humidifier for Emma’s room. Crane is one of the few humidifiers that specifically make a children’s model. I feel safe running these all night in my baby’s rooms… and because it doesn’t use a heating element (like a warm mist unit) or produce steam… the risk of them burning their finger on it is gone.
BUY IT: You can buy the Frog Cool Mist Humidifier for $45.99
WIN IT: Thanks to the generous people at Crane, one OurKidsMom reader is going to win an animal cool mist humidifier of their choice!
You do not have to be a blogger to enter/win. An email address is required to enter. Please leave it in your comment or make sure one is visible for me to find in your Google profile. The winner will be chosen via random.org and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on December 2, 2010 and is open to residents of the US.
This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. I received product for the purposes of review only. I was not compensated for writing this post. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information please read my disclosure policy.