September is Car Safety Month…
Chicco Baby would like to help arm us with car safety tips to make sure we arrive at our destinations safely.
Julie Prom, car seat safety expert, gives us some tips to help keep our precious cargo safe:
- Buckle up everyone, every time, every trip! In a crash or emergency braking, an unbuckled passenger can be thrown into other passengers causing serious injury. **Also, ensure there are no heavy, loose objects in the vehicle that can be thrown around in a crash.
- Keep children in a rear-facing safety seat until at least 2 years old. A recent study showed that children under age 2 are 75 percent less likely to die or be severely injured in a crash if they are riding rear-facing. Be sure to use a safety seat designed for the size and weight of your child.
- Never put a rear-facing safety seat in front of an active air bag.
- All children under at least 13 should ride in the back seat. The back seat is nearly 40 percent safer than the front seat.
- Never add any product (including toys and car seat covers or liners) or make any changes to a car safety seat or booster that is not approved by the manufacturer of the seat. Add-on products can interfere with the crash performance of the seat. Beware! Many manufacturers of add-on products will state they have tested them—ONLY use products approved by the car safety seat manufacturer! The safety seat manufacturer is the only one that can confirm the test results of its product.
- Never put an infant-only seat on top of a shopping cart. This makes the shopping cart top heavy. The Consumer Product Safety Commission and the American Academy of Pediatrics warn against this practice due to numerous reported injuries from carts tipping over and/or babies falling out.
- Finally, ALWAYS read and follow both the car safety seat instructions AND the vehicle owners’ manual when using and installing your child’s seat!
So you’ve decided to take a pit stop and your baby could really use some fresh arm and room to stretch, too.
Chicco’s newest product is perfect for travel…
whether you are going on a road trip, to the park or just across town to grandma’s house.
About Chicco’s Fun Travel Activity Nest:
The Fun Travel Activity Nest is a versatile toy that serves as a play mat, gym and canopy.
It is perfect for travel as it folds into an easy-to-transport bag.
It’s not only comfortable, practical and lightweight, but it’s also a great source of entertainment for baby while traveling.
Its compact fold makes it small on space and its toys make it big on fun!
The Fun Travel Activity Nest features a toy bar equipped with lights, sounds and soft melodies to stimulate even the youngest babies during play or to help them relax.
Other features include:
* Pop-up breathable mesh canopy helps keep baby cozy during playtime
* All-in-one carry case folds flat for playtime on-the-go
* Adjustable toy bars fold down for baby to handle toys during tummy time
* Colorful toy bars connect to suspend toys
ONE OurKidsMom reader is going to win a Chicco Fun Travel Activity Nest!
HERE’S HOW TO WIN!
MANDATORY entry (1 entry):
This entry is required before any others will count.
*Visit Chicco USA’s website and tell me something you like, learned or want.
Additional Entries! You may do any or all of these in any order after the mandatory entry above has been completed. If you have already completed these actions let me know you did! If I allow 2 entries for a particular action, please leave 2 separate comments.
1 entry- Follow OurKidsMom via Google Friend Connect (right hand column)
1 entry- “Like” OurKidsMom on Facebook
1 entry- “Like” Chicco Baby on Facebook
- 2 entries- Subscribe to OurKidsMom by Email or RSS Feed
1 entry – Enter any of my current giveaways : 1 entry per giveaway entered
1 entries- Grab my button and leave the direct link to where I can find it
1 entry each- Share this on Facebook, Digg, or Google Buzz (you can find the buttons at the bottom of this post)
1 entry – “Like” this post (button can be found on the top left)
1 entry – Comment on a non-giveaway post (1 comment per post, 1 entry per comment)
1 entry each- Share this giveaway on a blog hosted giveaway linky and leave the direct link to the post below. Please double check that you are not double posting. (This can be done 1x a day for 1 bonus entry per day).
3 daily entries- Follow @ourkidsmom and @chiccobaby on Twitter and tweet the following (up to 3x per day at least 1 hour apart) leaving a direct link in your comment:
[tweetbox width=500 height=50 label=Retweet! content =”#WIN Chicco Fun Travel Activity Nest with Car Safety Month TIPS for Safe Travel from @chiccobaby @ourkidsmom ends 9/5 %u”]
If you enjoy my blog and my giveaways I would love a vote on Top Mommy Blogs. It only takes 1 click and you’re done! (allowed once per 24 hours)
You do not have to be a blogger to enter/win. An email address is required to enter. The winner will be chosen via the WordPress plugin “and the winner is…” and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. One person entering per household please. U.S. only.
This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on September 5, 2011.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I was not compensated for this post. I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.