UbiSoft Just Dance 4 for Xbox 360
Our family has had an Xbox 360 for about a year now. One of the very first games we purchased was a dancing game because we enjoyed DDR so much on our other gaming system. We had grown fond of that particular game… enough so that we had all three versions of it.
When we were given the opportunity to review Just Dance 4 I was skeptical. Could we really like another “dance” game as much as the first one?
We’ve been playing this game for a few weeks now and the reviews are trickling in.
The first strong opinion anyone had was about the music. Everyone in the house had a handful of songs that they were excited were included.
The track list includes:
Everyone in the house also liked that Just Dance 4 uses real dance moves but agreed that some of the routines were just a little too hard. We would have loved to have the option of changing the degree of difficulty and work our way up to the harder routines. Another thing my husband really missed in this game was the “practice” mode where the dancers break down the moves slowly until you “get it” and then put them all together. Basically learning the routine before you dance the entire song.
We loved how easy it was to add or remove players between songs. Sometimes a song comes on you want to wiggle your hiney to and then you are done, kwim? I enjoy watching the kids and like to partake in the fun but can’t keep up as well with some of the faster paced songs.
Some of the other features we enjoyed were:
- Top Of The Charts – Just Dance 4 has over 40 all-new songs, ranging from current Billboard hits, legendary favorites, and classic dance party tracks! With a wide variety of songs, artists and genres such as “Good Feeling” by Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass”, “Disturbia” by Rihanna, and Pink’s “So What,” everyone is sure to find their groove. Want more tracks? Download from an expanding catalogue of new songs from the in-game store.
- New Battle Mode – Challenge your friends in 6 rounds of dance battles with the all-new battle mode! Go head to head to unique choreographies and music to be crowned the dance battle champion!
- Bring Your Crew – With songs that feature 4 concurrent dance routines, it’s your time to shine! Each player can get his own moment of fame with unique choreographies and moves for each member of your dance crew.
- Just Sweat It Out – The popular Just Sweat mode gets a major upgrade with brand new workout sessions, personalized programs, live feedbacks and a real calorie counter. Stay fit, and have fun playing Just Dance!
- Alternative Choreographies – Unlock alternative choreographies for your favorite tracks including ultra-challenging and outlandish routines.
- Dance Quests – Discover and win up to 6 challenges per song and unlock more rewards.
- Dancer Card – Create and personalize your own dancer card to check out all your awesome dance stats (e.g., favorite tracks, best scores, and challenges).
- Just Can’t Get Enough – Just Dance 4 still has everyone’s favorite modes like Duet Mode, Mash-up Mode with 45+ mash-ups, and more!
After a little awkwardness with learning how to “touch” the screen and how the game was layed out the kids have declared this game a hit. Emma & Ethan go downstairs and turn it on by themselves to dance for a few minutes and then move on. This is a super fun game with a lot of extra features we didn’t have with our other game. If you are looking for “one last present” this would be a great one to buy!
You can purchase Just Dance 4 for Xbox 360, Wii, PS3 and Wii U at Amazon.com
Just for kicks we videoed Emma & Ethan dancing to Time Warp. Enjoy!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.