Did you know that*…
- Nearly 60% of U.S. parents of children ages 3-17 admit that their child skips breakfast, with more than half of U.S. Moms wishing their child ate a more nutritious breakfast.
- 58% of U.S. Moms say they skip breakfast regularly. 46% of Moms who skip breakfast say they do so because they do not have enough time to prepare or eat it.
- 57% of single adults say the number one reason they skip breakfast is that they don’t have enough time to prepare it.
- While 71% of U.S. adults agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, 67% of those admit to skipping breakfast.
- *Results of 2011 Children’s Nutrition Survey, conducted by Harris Interactive for Seneca Farms
Our family has to be reminded to eat breakfast. Most of us just aren’t hungry when we first get up. Funny, considering it’s the most important meal of the day! I have noticed that Emma & Ethan’s mood start to change dramatically if they are not served a good breakfast soon after getting up. Often times they need to be coaxed into eating, but once they do the smiles return and the day gets off to a better start.
I was never an oatmeal lover. I always thought it was gooey and gross. Since starting Nutrisystem I have tried many healthy option foods that I was surprised I liked, including oatmeal. Ethan has noticed Mommy (and Daddy) eating oatmeal and has been asking for some. He wasn’t fond of Dad’s way of straight Old Fashioned Oats with milk, but when offered the flavored oatmeal with fruit from Seneca he dug right in! Emma is more of a stubborn goat and tends to eat what she knows she likes, but I see the glimmer of interest and I’m sure once she tries it… she will like it also. The packaging and cooking directions make it a quick and easy meal that even younger children can prepare.
In less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee you can serve your children a healthy tasty breakfast. Just heat the six-ounce microwaveable cup – no milk or water necessary – in the microwave for 45 seconds.
I like that Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit has no trans fats or cholesterol, and is a great source of Vitamin C. The initial flavors on the market – Apple Cinnamon and Vanilla Peach – are very appealing. The great news is, more flavors are being added in the coming months!
Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit is a quick and healthy breakfast option for the entire family, a satisfying after-school snack for kids and even works as part of a healthy weight loss plan for those looking to lose or maintain weight loss. I love how oatmeal sticks to your ribs and keeps me satisfied longer so I can make it to lunch without crashing or being tempted.
Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit can be found at Wal-Mart and in a wide variety of retail grocery stores. For a detailed store list, visit www.seneca-farms.com.
SMRP $2.49 – $2.89 for a 2-pack size
COUPON! Click the button below to be directed to a .55 printable coupon and give Seneca Farms Oatmeal a try!
Connect with Seneca Farms:
I received product from Seneca Farms for review purposes only. All opinions are 100% my own.