Here is what the Toys R Us website has to say about the Colorforms Magic Fashion Show:
The Colorforms Magic Fashion Show is destined to be a hit with girls, bringing the classic imaginative play pattern of dressing paper dolls into today’s world. Magic Fashion Show makes every girl a Head Designer as she dresses standing runway models in different outfits and accessories “backstage” and sends them along a circular “catwalk” to show off each new ensemble. The product includes the Fashion Runway with spotlights that really work, 5 Standing Fashion Dolls, and 6 sheets of Colorforms Stick-Ons outfits and accessories to create nearly endless outfit combinations.
This review brings me back to my childhood. I absolutely loved Colorforms as a kid & I was excited to see they are making a come-back!
For those unfamiliar with Colorforms, they are a cross between paper dolls and window clings. You can dress up the dolls with an endless combination of outfits and with the new Fashion Show stage, they can “walk the catwalk”. The stage has lights that you can turn on/off and you control how fast the girls “walk” by using a spin dial. This is perfect for my 4 year old as it requires no reading. She just uses her imagination! The Magic Fashion Show is designed for ages 3-8, but I’m sure my 9 year old daughter (and probably my 11 1/2 year old son) will enjoy this as well.
Things I really love about this Colorforms set:
- Under the stage, there is a storage drawer to hold the dolls and outfits.
- You can dis-assemble the stage fairly easily to fit back into the original box if needed.
- The clothing/accessories can be easily wiped down with a wet cloth if it loses it’s “sticky-ness”.
- You don’t HAVE to use the batteries (3-AA) to play with it. The only thing that uses batteries is the stage lights. My kids can still play – even if we need to replace the batteries.
- It’s quiet. Enough said. lol
- There are 5 dolls with a variety of skin and hair colors. I like my kids to have a variety of “people” to play with. Not everyone is the same & dolls should be no different. 🙂I recommend this toy for any child ages 3+ that enjoys using their imagination, fashion design, and/or playing dress-up with their dolls.
You can purchase the Colorforms Magic Fashion Show for $24.95 at Amazon.com
For a limited time, they are offering a $2.00 discount on Magic Fashion Show through our retail website http://www.areyougame.com. The coupon code to be used at checkout is SAVE2MFS.
ONE OurKidsMom is going to win a Colorforms Magic Fashion Show!
Simply follow the directions in the widget below. It’s that simple.
COMMENTS DO NOT COUNT AS ENTRIES…
but they are still very much appreciated and adored :O)
This giveaway ended at 11:59 PM EST on December 20, 2011.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.