Green Velvet Cupcakes with Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, we wanted to share a fun recipe that added a little Irish “zip” to a fun green velvet cupcake recipe.
We hope you have a fun (and safe) St. Patty’s Day!
(Yield 12 cupcakes)
1 1/4 cup Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Oil
1/2 cup Milk
1 tsp Vinegar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Green Food Coloring
8 oz softened Cream Cheese
4 tbsp softened Butter
3 cups Powdered Sugar
3 tbsp Baileys
Preheat oven to 350.
Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Beat egg and then add remaining wet ingredients and whisk until blended.
In a separate bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to the dry stir until combined.
Now add food coloring until you reach the desired color.
Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- 1¼ cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Oil
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- Green Food Coloring
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 4 tbsp softened Butter
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Baileys
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Beat egg and then add remaining wet ingredients and whisk until blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry stir until combined.
- Now add food coloring until you reach the desired color.
- Fill cupcake liners about ⅔ full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and Baileys.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and whip until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to zippered bag or piping bag and pipe frosting onto cupcakes.