Educational Gift Ideas From Scholastic
I love giving gifts during the holidays but anytime I can sneak learning in with a toy I’m a happy Momma. I’ve always loved Scholastic. My love affair started when I was in elementary school and my teachers would send home the monthly book order forms. Since then Scholastic has blossomed into more categories than books… they now make toys!
We have been playing the I Spy two game pack for Wii and to be honest, my husband and I have taken over the game! It can be a little frustrating for the younger children to play it alone as there isn’t a “hint” button, but Emma and Ethan have sat down with us to help find the hidden items and had a blast!
CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG
Scholastic is kicking off Clifford’s 50th anniversary this fall– and there are BIG ways to celebrate with two all new game apps:
- For iPad, iPhone®, iPod® Touch, Android Tablet and Android Phone, there’s CLIFFORD’S BIG BIRTHDAY APP. In the game, Emily Elizabeth invites players to join her in Clifford’s BIG dog house as she works to create a surprise party for Clifford. Featuring three highly replayable birthday-themed games and augmented reality features, the app reinforces language and literacy skills needed for early-readers.
- For LeapFrog’s LeapPad, there’s CLIFFORD’S RHYME RACE. In this new app, children are asked to work with Clifford to find rhyming word matches and to discover the lost packages of Birdwell Island by racing through 10 levels of twisty town mazes.
THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS
Two titles from Scholastic’s best-selling science series, The Magic School Bus, will launch this fall. With LeapFrog’s Leapster Explorer and the LeapFrog LeapPad sure to be two of the hottest toys this holiday season, these Magic School Bus titles are the latest in a long line of Scholastic content available on the platform.
- THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS: OCEANS for Leapster Explorer
Designed for children ages 5-8, the game teaches kids hundreds of interesting facts about ocean life through fun trivia challenges and seven highly-replayable games. Players earn special badges by performing well in games or trivia challenges, and can redeem them for additional features.
- THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS: DINO SHUFFLE for LeapFrog LeapPad
Children will be able to shuffle through a Dino Deck that beloved science teacher Ms. Frizzle has made to learn hundreds of interesting dino facts, like size, diet, speed, and more. Then, children will be able to test their dino knowledge in two exciting, fast-paced, and highly replayable games.
The venerable seek-and-find game leader I SPY® is back this fall with two new compilation game packs – the perfect value for the holiday season!
- I SPY TWO GAME PACK for NINTENDO DS includes two of the popular franchise’s award-winning titles – I SPY Fun House and I SPY Universe. Together, the games feature more than 50 riddles and over 200 levels of play for seek-and-find fans of all ages. To escape the topsy-turvy world in I SPY Fun House, players must earn tickets by completing games, riddles, and the ultimate Prize Popper challenge. I SPY Universe takes players on a different kind of puzzle-solving adventure – a trip through the cosmos. Players unlock new planets and explore the universe while searching for over 400 objects in 36 I SPY riddles, and playing six brain-teasing games.
- The I SPY TWO GAME PACK for NINTENDO WII includes over 70 unique riddles and more than 60 interactive mini-games in two popular titles from the I SPY interactive collection. Ultimate I SPY, the first game to feature 3D environments, takes players through an eye-popping wonderland where they search above and below objects to solve riddles, puzzles, and mini-games. I SPY Spooky Mansion offers thrills and chills with a trip through a haunted mansion. Led by Skelly, a clever skeleton, players participate in mini-games, brain teasers, scavenger hunts, and 33 I SPY riddles as they try to find their way out.
SMART GAMES FOR KIDS
For children 5-8, Scholastic Media introduces the SMART GAMES FOR KIDS TWO GAME PACK for NINTENDO DS – inclusive of two popular Nintendo DS titles – My Amusement Park and Digging for Dinosaurs. In My Amusement Park, kids build and run their own entertainment venue. Players can choose from four different themes to create rides, food venues, and special attractions in their own personal park. Digging for Dinosaurs® challenges players with a variety of distinctive mini-games that range from simulated paleontological digs to dinosaur battles, all while teaching interesting facts about more than 20 prehistoric species.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my disclosure policy.