How to Make Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Oreo Cupcakes

by Heather Smith on January 14, 2014 · 12 comments

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Oreo Cupcakes

Emma’s birthday was last November and we were in gearing up mode for our upcoming Disney Cruise. It was a given that her cake was going to be Disney related, but then I saw these adorable cupcakes and knew I had to make them!

cupcakes1

You will need:

• Cooked cupcakes
  • Regular sized and Mini Oreos
  • Frosting
  • Red with white polka dotted ribbon (for bows)

cupcakes2

If you do not have an icing bag, apply the frosting with a knife. If you do … simply pipe on the frosting (which is so much faster).

cupcakes3

Take another pass and make a line of frosting across the back. This will help elevate the ears.

cupackes4

Using mini Oreos, place 2 on the second row of frosting for the ears.

cupcakes5

Take 1 regular sized Oreo and place it in front for Mickey/Minnie’s face.

cupcake6

If you are creating Minnie Mouse, add a dab of frosting on the back of the bow…

cupcakes7

and put it in place.

cupcakes9

Voila!

cupcakes12

I created a full place of them for our visiting family to enjoy. Minnie was in the center and I used exactly 7 of them, one for each of Emma’s candles.

banner

So there you have it! Super simple and easy to manipulate for your dietary needs. Remember there are many versions of “Oreos” on the market! Think outside the box!

CommentLuv badge

(Spamcheck Enabled)

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Lindsay Sorensen January 14, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Love it. So simple yet so creative! I’ll keep this one in mind for later

2 Heather Smith January 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Thanks Lindsay! They were a hit, and Emma finally was able to have birthday cake Oreos (we rarely buy storebought cookies)
Heather Smith recently posted…25 Valentines Day Crafts and GiftsMy Profile

3 Sandra VanHoey January 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I have to say, you are good and so creative. These are the cutest! I am going to forward this to my daughter who makes cupcakes so often. She would love these for the girls and they would love helping her.

4 Heather Smith January 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Thank you Sandra! They were so simple and the kids were giddy because I let them have Oreos LOL. I didn’t have many leftovers this year.
Heather Smith recently posted…25 Valentines Day Crafts and GiftsMy Profile

5 Michelle F. January 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Too cute! Pinning this for my daughters birthday in May.

6 Tanya Holland January 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM

These are so cute. I love them. Me and my daughters are going to have to make these.

7 Brittany Thomas January 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Cute! My daughter would love these!

8 Julie Wood January 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM

They really are adorable cupcakes. Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts becasue you do not have to use a fork. I can just bite down and eat.These look so yummy!

9 Deanna January 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM

How cute are these?! They turned out great, so creative!
Deanna recently posted…Dreaming of Summer? Come to the West Coast, Visit Newport Beach, CA!My Profile

10 Jennifer
Twitter:
February 2, 2014 at 10:48 PM

These are super cute! Do you have a forward pic of them with the candles in?
Jennifer recently posted…Win an All-inclusive Luxury Resort Vacation with Now Resorts & Spas! #ResortEscapeMy Profile

11 Heather Smith February 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

The picture above with Emma blowing… they have candles in them. I will sift through my photos to see if I took a head on shot :). I made sure to make only 7 Minnies so the inside circle was what had a candle in it.
Heather Smith recently posted…Monday Morning Link Up Giveaway LinkyMy Profile