Hidden Kisses | Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
With Valentines Day right around the corner, I thought I would dig through my recipe box and see what I could find. I ran across this recipe that I had clipped from a magazine probably 20+ years ago… and never made.
So I gave it a chance… it combines chocolate chip cookies and Hershey’s Kisses… how could you go wrong, right?
The ingredients are super simple…
1 bag (9 oz) Hershey’s Kisses
1 cup butter softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips (recipe called for mini… I only had regular on hand)
While your oven is heating to 375 degrees, have your helper remove the wrappers from the Kisses. Ethan enjoyed this as we only needed a small portion of the bag, so he ate them as he unwrapped.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add flour to the butter mixture until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop about a tablespoon of the dough, pop in a Hershey’s Kiss and mold the dough into a ball around the Kiss.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. According to Ethan, 10 minutes was way too long.
Allow them to cool slightly and then remove them from the cookie sheet to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely and serve, or add the optional chocolate drizzle below.
Place 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1 tsp shortening in a bowl and microwave on high 30 seconds. Stir. If necessary, microwave on high an additional 20 seconds or until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
The family devoured these and asked for more. My mind was whirling…. I think dark chocolate chips and Kisses would be amazing, or maybe an almond Kiss. The choices are many!
- 1 bag (9 oz) Hershey’s Kisses
- 1 cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- * Heat oven to 375 degrees
- * Remove wrappers from the kisses.
- * Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until blended.
- * Add flour to butter mixture until smooth.
- * Stir in chocolate chips
- * Mix for a good minute or so, until dry mix turns into a dough.
- * Mold tbsp of dough around Hershey’s Kiss
- * Bake 10-12 minutes or until set
- * Cool slightly, then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- * Prepare chocolate drizzle if desired
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- combine ¼ cup chocolate chips and 1 tsp shortening. Microwave 30 seconds on high, stir. If necessary microwave an additional 20 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.