Although we don’t have a gluten allergy, we have been reading up on the benefits of eating gluten free. Loaves of bread from the store can be pricey, so we thought we’d give a recipe a try… and it turned out good!
I couldn’t wait to share it with you….
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ cups buttermilk, at room temperature (we used almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ + ⅓ cup potato starch
- ½ + ⅓ cup soy flour (we used tapioca flour instead)
- 2 + ⅓ cups white rice flour (we used brown rice flour instead)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the sweet dough cycle (my machine did not have a sweet dough cycle so I used french). Set your machine on 1½ or 2 lb loaf. Five minutes into the cycle, check the consistency of the dough. Add additional rice flour or liquid if necessary.
- When bread is finished, let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- This is a great base bread for other loaves like cinnamon swirl.