|In the early 1900s, schoolteacher Mabel Baker began crafting candles from the wild bayberries that grew in her native Cape Cod. At first she gave them as gifts to her friends and family, but it wasn’t long before her entrepreneurial spirit took over. With a lot of persistence, hard work and support from her husband, by 1909 Mabel turned her love of candles into a business.
Mabel remained passionately committed to growing her business throughout her life. When she died at the age of 94 in 1965, what had begun with a single bayberry had become a business worth $6 million. Today, she remains our role model for success.
I have always loved scented candles. PartyLite candles are, in my opinion, a higher end candle with a very fragrant output. So when PartyLite asked me if I’d like to review one of their new products I didn’t hesitate.
I chose the 5-wick candle in cinnamon and the new tray. It arrived in record time and I was not disappointed! I could smell the candle before I even had it out of the box. I eagerly set it up with the decorativetray. The green and red dots remind me of a retro pattern and I think it would be great for the upcoming holidays. The candle is 6” x 6” and makes a great centerpiece. It is beautiful alone or accented with dragon tears (see photo below). I especially like the extended use of the 5-wick pillars. They tote a 75-90 burn time… long enough to last all season long! As the candle burns down the outer edge stays solid (no dripping).
My final say… the size of the candle is perfect for a centerpiece (as I’ve used it as) or as an accent on a side table, the aroma is fantastic and it fills the house, the burn time on it makes it a decent value and it definitely makes a statement when displayed on the tray with dragon tears.
BUY IT: You can purchase the 5-wick candle for $39.95 and the tray for $19.95.
WIN IT: One OurKidsMom reader is going to win a cinnamon 5-wick pillar candle and a Christmas accent tray (same as the one I reviewed… minus the dragon tears).
HERE’S HOW TO WIN!… (Please remember you must have your email in your entry or viewable in your profile in order to win)
- 1 entry- This entry is MANDATORY. If not completed all other entries will be DELETED!
(1) Follow OurKidsMom via Google Friend Connect (found on the right sidebar under “Followers”). Remember, I do check!
(2) “Like” PartyLite on Facebook (I’m sure they’d enjoy some comment love if you have time!).
BONUS Entries! You may do any or all of these in any order after the mandatory entry above has been completed. If you have already completed these actions let me know you did! Remember, you can’t win if you don’t enter!
- 1 entry- “Like” OurKidsMom on Facebook
- 1 entry- Follow OurKidsMom on Networked Blogs (right sidebar)
- 2 entries- Subscribe to OurKidsMom by Email
- 2 entries- Subscribe to OurKidsMom by RSS Feed
- 1 daily entry- Follow @ourkidsmom and @partylite on Twitter and tweet the following (up to 1x per day) leaving a direct link in your comment:
#Win a Cinnamon 5-Wick Candle & Christmas Tray $60 value! from @partylite @ourkidsmom ends 11/22 http://tinyurl.com/33rp4qt
- 1 entry per giveaway entered- Enter any of my current giveaways and leave a comment here
- 2 entries- Grab my button and leave the direct link to where I can find it
- 2 entries- Add my link to your blog roll and let me know where to find it
- 3 entries- Blog about this giveaway with a direct link here. Come back and leave a direct link to your post so I can see it
- 1 entry each- Share this on Facebook, Digg, Stumble, Google Buzz, etc (you can find more by clicking the orange share button)
- Due to a change in Top Mommy Blog rules, I can no longer give entries for voting. If you enjoy my blog and my giveaways I would love it if you would take a second to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs. Two clicks and you’re done (pretty please?)! You can click here or on the brown button on the right sidebar.
You do not have to be a blogger to enter/win. An email address is required to enter. Please leave it in your comment or make sure one is visible for me to find in your Google profile. The winner will be chosen via random.org and contacted via email. A reply to the winning email is required within 48 hours before a new winner is chosen. This giveaway ends at 11:59 PM EST on November 22, 2010 and is open to residents of the US.
This post was written by me and was not edited by anyone. The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and have not been influenced in any way. I received product for review purposes only. I was not compensated for writing this post. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information please read my disclosure policy.
Don’t forget to check the other participating blogs out for more
Christmas Wishlist giveaways!